Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Writers on Rafts: win a short story critique or t-shirt!

As you may already know, Queensland Writers Centre has launched Writers on Rafts to help raise money for those hit hard by the Queensland floods.

More than 150 Australian authors are offering everything from author visits to manuscript appraisals, book packs and the chance to have a character named after you in their next book!

To win, you choose which category you'd like to enter, and then if you win you get to choose your prize.

I'm pitching in by offering two prizes:

Short story critique: While I'm not as high profile as many of the editors and writers offering critiques, I have won One Book Many Brisbanes twice, have published over 20 short stories and also have a background in journalism, which means I'm really good with line editing.

T-shirt: As well as writing, I also design t-shirts. Check out my designs at RedBubble. My personal fave at the moment is 'Guns don't kill zombies, people kill zombies (with guns)'.

So please, head on over to Writers on Rafts and enter!

Posted via email from garykemble's posterous

No comments: