Thursday, October 14, 2010

Like Inception? Try Ad Infinitum

I finally got around to seeing Inception last night. I had to drive half an hour and go and see a late session, which I generally try and avoid on 'school nights', but I'm glad I made the effort.

I loved how Christopher Nolan has taken a well-worn genre - the heist movie - and put a whole new spin on it. I also loved how the film was like four movies in one - each one sitting inside the previous like Russian dolls.

(If you want to have a good old chat about Inception, head on over to 100 Days of Action)

It reminded me of a story I wrote a few years back 'Ad Infinitum', which also plays with the notion of 'what is real?'.

'Ad Infinitum' was the first story I ever sold. Shadowed Realms is now defunct, but the site has been partially preserved thanks to Pandora. If you'd like to read 'Ad Infinitum', go here, then click on 'current issue', then 'Ad Infinitum'.

Posted via email from garykemble's posterous

No comments: