Tuesday, April 14, 2009

'Dead Air': out now in ADFaH3

Today I received my copies of Australian Dark Fantasy and Horror vol 3, which features my short story "Dead Air".

As usual, Brimstone Press has done an excellent job, and I'm not just saying that because Angela chose to reprint one of my stories!

In fact, it's a great reminder of some of the excellent tales I read while judging the Australian Shadows Award in 2007.

The following tales jump out at me when I scan the table of contents: Rick Kennett's creepy ghost story "The Dark and What it Said"; Matthew Chrulew's dystopic love story "Between the Memories"; Jason Nahrung's "Kadimakara and Curlew" and David Conyer's "Subtle Invasion".

A heap of great, if somewhat disturbing, memories there.

Meanwhile, Chuck McKenzie has given me a mention in his review of ADFaH3, over at HorrorScope...

Gary Kemble’s ‘Dead Air’ ... was really just a big, fun, Hollywood-style zombie flick in prose format

Yep, that's exactly what I was going for!


No comments: