Tuesday, June 17, 2008

One Book Many Brisbanes 3 launch




Had an excellent time today at the One Book Many Brisbanes 3 launch at City Hall.

It was a great opportunity to meet some people I've been swapping emails with since finding out I was one of the winners, although it would have been good to have more time to chat with the other authors.

Check out the Flickr photo pool here. (If you were at the launch and took photos and don't mind sharing them, please join the group and upload your photos).

There's a possibility some of the authors might be appearing at a local library near you soon, so if I can I'll definitely be getting involved in that -- I'd love to hear some of the stories behind the stories.

Speaking of which, you can now read all of the stories (including "Untethered") here.

You can find out how to buy the book here, or alternatively borrow it from your local library.

The really good news is that Brisbane City Council is going to run the competition again next year.

I would strongly recommend that if you're a writer, you enter. I never thought I would win. I entered because, frankly, with a $6,000 prize, how could I not enter. And look what happened.

Sometimes life delivers happy endings!

2 comments:

Natalie Hatch said...

Gary Loved the story. I kept thinking now where's this going to go... pretty cool

Unknown said...

Thanks Natalie! It was a wild ride for me too.